JBB’s Final Thoughts Episode 9: Developing Good Habits. Turns out that regaining my mobility and especially increasing my walking and exercising means that I have to go back to doing things that I wasn’t very good about before, like stretching before or after a workout, or drinking enough water during the day or, god forbid, getting enough sleep each night. Damn. iOS apps and cute athletes to the rescue. Links to additional resources on stretching below, plus the apps mentioned and the Michelle Jenneke videos. Finally, I apologize for my bad American accent and mispronouncing your name in my video. Ack.
Enjoy and please subscribe to my YouTube channel or subscribe to all of my blog posts (scroll to the bottom of this page, click the red FOLLOW button in the “Follow blog via email” box).
- music: Social Blindness – 22K by Smart Sound Music
- All images and screen grabs by Joe Bustillos ©2014 and ©2018
Additional information on good stretching habits:
- NPR – Fresh Air Interview: Stand Up, Walk Around, Even Just For ’20 Minutes’, http://www.npr.org/2012/05/09/152336802/stand-up-walk-around-even-just-for-20-minutes
- NPR – All Things Considered: For Runners, Static Stretching May Be Outdated, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130509347
- NPR – Talk of the Nation: Stretching Not Beneficial, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1802912
- Apps: Stretch! with Michelle Jenneke, iPhone $0.99, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stretch!-michelle-jenneke/id882751466?mt=8
- Apps: MyNetDiary, free/pro version $3.99/iPad version $9.99, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-pro-by-mynetdiary/id352247139?mt=8
- YouTube video: Stretch! from Top to Bottom with Michelle Jenneke, http://youtu.be/zUtKp4aF-gk
- YouTube video: Michelle Jenneke Sexy Australian Hurdler, http://youtu.be/xm7oX1yCFU0