JBB’s Final Thoughts Episode 16: Anti-Apple Ads Smell Like Number Two: Unlike the whimsical Mac versus PC ads, Samsung’s and Microsoft’s snarky ads seem to be admitting to their number two position by identifying Apple as the competitor to beat. Odd that the companies with the greatest market share in their markets are running ads you run when you are playing catch-up. Tech is weird. This just in, Apple reported 4-million models pre-ordered in the first 24-hours, not too bad for a copy-cat device two-years behind the times.
Enjoy and please subscribe to my YouTube channel or subscribe to all of my blog posts (scroll to the bottom of this page, click the red FOLLOW button in the “Follow blog via email” box).
- music: Social Blindness – 22K by Smart Sound Music
- All images and screen grabs by Joe Bustillos ©2014 and ©2018
- “Galaxy Note 4 – Then And Now” by Samsung Mobile USA, http://youtu.be/oxhSnNZH3Rk
- “Surface Pro 3 – Power” by Microsoft, http://bit.ly/1lUroIB
- “Apple – iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus – Seamless” by Apple, http://youtu.be/RS5mzvqWM-c
- image: “Gazelle Reports Spike in Used Samsung Device Sells,” http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/gazelle_reports_spike_in_used_samsung_device_sells
- “Samsung smartphone trade-in requests surge in wake of Apple’s iPhone 6 announcements,” AppleInsider Forums, http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182230/samsung-smartphone-trade-in-requests-surge-in-wake-of-apples-iphone-6-announcements
- “Apple’s ‘Get a Mac,’ the Complete Campaign” by Tim Nudd/Adweek, http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/apples-get-mac-complete-campaign-130552